Catch the Ones that Got Away
Have you thought about what happens when people visit your website, and leave? The ugly reality is that only 5%, or less, are taking the action you want them to take. How do you follow up with the 95%?
There is a way you can capture them, and follow-up. It’s called remarketing.
And that is why I interviewed Greg Cassar.
Greg Cassar started selling online in 2003. Many business owners noticed the results he was getting and asked for assistance. In 2009 Greg left full time employment to run his own Digital Marketing Agency specialising in Traffic & Conversion.
After 6 years in the Agency Greg morphed to become a coach and now runs the highly successful Digital Marketing Mastermind; ‘The Collective’. The Collective specialises in:
- Business Growth – we all want to grow our businesses
Greg Cassar has worked with over 300 businesses as an agency & a coach to help them grow as much as 10x in a year.
- Lead Generation – before you have a sale you need a lead.
Having performed over 400 split tests and managed over $6m in clicks, Greg has driven over 1.8m leads for his clients and his own businesses.
- Sales -As a result of spending over $250k on his own education Greg has modelled & perfected the best techniques from around the world for converting leads into customers & ascending them through the sales cycle with a real focus on Customer Value Optimization (CVO).
Greg is going to discuss “How to capture those leads, make more sales and grow your business”.
So listen up! You are going to learn some valuable tips.
I asked Greg four questions:
1. What is the 95% rule and what is remarketing?
2. How do we get started with remarketing?
3. What is the most common scenario, and how would business owners use this in their business?
4. Only 20% of businesses remarket. What action steps would you recommend they take from here?
Some takeaways you will find useful
The 95% Rule - Of all the people hitting your website, only 5% take the action you want them to take. You spend a lot of time and money getting people to your website, only to have virtually all of them leaving without doing what you wanted them to do.
How do you follow up with them if they haven’t filled in your form? Re-marketing or re-targeting helps you to do so.
Remarketing enables you to follow them around the web and put your ad in front of them in different places they visit. It’s about putting the right message in front of the right person at the right time.
Sometimes you need people to give you their time before they’ll give you their money.
Only 20% of businesses do this, 80% don’t. In Google, you have to get what is called remarketing code, and in Facebook it’s Pixel code. Have your web developer put it on your website. You will start to build an invisible list of people who have visited your website, called an “audience”. You can then create an ad campaign with an offer to follow them.
Remarketing doesn’t have to be expensive, you can set a limit of, say, $5 per day.
Because these people have already visited your website, they’ve already shown interest. The key is that it is targeted. You could make offers, or lead them to valuable content which will grow their “know, like, and trust” in you.
It’s easier to start with Facebook. Go to Google later. Once you have the Pixel code on your website, you can create an ad campaign to follow the Pixel.
Is Your Marketing Performing?
When clients approach me for coaching, so often, they are not getting the clients they need, the right clients. Eight times out of ten this comes down to not knowing what is working, and what is not working, and how to develop that WOW factor that makes them different.
For more than 28 years I’ve been helping small business owners plug the profit leaks in their business and restoring their cash flows by assisting them understand:
• The strengths, weaknesses opportunities and threats of their business
• Determine where they want to be – clear, achievable goals, and
• How they are going to get there – their strategies to achieve their goals
This is sometimes known as the NOW – WHERE – HOW model.
If you would like to discuss with me how you might do that, book a Strategy Consult here.
© Copyright 2017 Adam Gordon, The Profits Leak Detective